Burp or Burp Suite is a graphical tool for testing Web application security. The tool is written in Java and developed by PortSwigger Security.
The tool has 2 versions: a free version that can be downloaded free of charge (Free Edition) and a full version that can be purchased after a trial period (Professional Edition). It was developed to provide a comprehensive solution for a for web application security checks. In addition to basic functionality, such as proxy server, scanner and intruder, the tool also contains more advanced options such as a spider, a repeater, a decoder, a comparer, an extender and a sequencer.
Credits : Wikipedia
- Automated crawl and scan
- Advanced scanning for manual testers
- Clear and detailed presentation of vulnerabilities
- Intercept browser traffic using man-in-the-middle proxy-
- Automate custom attacks using Burp Intruder
- Advanced manual testing tools
- Overcome connection challenges